Choco chips cookies is always interesting for me, i forgot how much Choco cookies recipes which i have ever tried before hahaha. I found a new recipe again and this recipe give a new sensation of Choco chips cookies taste. Espesially the caramel , try it!
makes 3 dozen
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1
- 6 wrapped caramels, cut into 4 or 5 pieces each
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms (may take a couple minutes of stirring). Fold in the chocolate chips (do not add the caramels yet). Do not overmix the dough at any point in this process.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes (or up to 5 days) in the refrigerator. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Press a few pieces of caramel onto the tops of the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers should appear very soft and puffy. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt while they are warm. Let cool completely and enjoy!