- 1 cup or
- 125 g All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 Apple, Cored and grated
- 2/3 cup or 150 ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil or spray for cooking
- Place Sieved flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder milk and egg YOLK in a bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg white until fluffy soft peaks
- Grate the apple using large holes in grater and lightly squeeze excess juice.
- Add the grated apple to the batter.
- Lightly fold in the egg white to the batter.
- Heat a small pan with a drop of oil and place 2 tablespoons of batter in the pan on low heat. When golden, turn the pancake over and allow to cook until both sides are golden.
- Serve warm with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon to your taste. It is customary in German 'pancake' stalls to slice across and pre cut the pancakes before serving, as shown in the photos.
Please note, if you would like more texture and a stronger apple taste, you can add 1 extra apple. The recipe as it is gives you a little texture and a gentle taste of apple.
RECIPES >>> Fluffy Apple Pancake @lovefoodies.com