- 3 ripe peaches
- 1 cup of sugar(200g)
- 250mls water
- 2-3 tea bags (depends on type and strength)
- Wash the peaches and cup them up into smallish pieces.
- Put them in a pan with the water and sugar and simmer for five minutes or until soft.
- Use a potato masher to smush them down some more, then cook on low simmer for ten more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes or so, then put the whole mixture in a blender or food processor and whiz it all up!
- Run the mixture through a sieve to get all the skin out, then you are left with your peach syrup.
- Make a quart/1 litre of regular tea.
- If you make sweet tea then it will be very sweet when you add the peach syrup, but it's really up to you!
- Add the syrup to your individual glass of cooled tea and stir well.
- Will make 2 - 4 8oz glasses depending on how much syrup you add.