I am trying these TODAY!! I’ve been looking for a good biscuit recipe.
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup self-rising flour*, plus more for dusting
- Pulse together the cream cheese, butter and flour in a food processor until combined, about 10 pulses, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- Turn out onto a piece of lightly floured parchment paper and pat it into a disc. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place an oven rack on the highest rung and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour, unwrap the dough and sprinkle the top and a rolling pin lightly with flour.
- Roll out to ½-inch thick and cut with a 1 + ¼-inch thick biscuit cooker. Place them on the baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Stick the scraps together and make more biscuits. If you can't fit them all on the baking sheet refrigerate and bake them in turns.
- Bake about 14 minutes on the top rack until golden and puffed, rotating the pan halfway through. You can brush the tops with melted butter if you like.
- They're best eaten fresh and warm!