I just made this lemon curd and it is easy and delicious. I had to adjust my burner up a bit to maintain the simmering water point so it took a little longer than 22 minutes. Next time I’ll know this. I also used a candy thermometer and cooked the curd to exactly 170 degrees. It turned out perfect. It made a 1 pint jar full (2 cups) plus a little bit that somebody had to scrape the pan for :).
- 7 to 8 large egg yolks (about 130 grams w/o shells), depending on size
- 1¼ cups + 2 tablespoons (275 grams) granulated sugar
- 4½ fluid ounces (about 133 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 large lemons)
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (6 grams) finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (1 stick/113 grams) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pats