For the bars
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (For the paleo option, use 1 cup coconut flour and omit extra coconut flour)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup vanilla vegan, paleo or casein protein powder
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (optional)*
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (sub for maple syrup in the paleo version)
- 1/2 cup mashed carrots
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice**
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Can sub for 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (I used a vegan brand to keep it dairy free)
- 2 T + dairy free milk of choice
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, mixed spice and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Add the mashed carrots and mix until combined- The batter should be crumbly.
- Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Once firm, frost with frosting, if desired.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the vanilla protein powder and softened cream cheese and mix well. Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk of choice until a thick batter is formed. Spread on protein powders and refrigerate until firm.
* I omitted the sweetener as my vegan protein powder was sweetened
** Depending on the flour/protein powder combination, you may need more or less. I used up to 3/4 cup with the paleo version.
Non-frosted bars can be kept at room temperature but I recommend them to eaten from the fridge.
RECIPES >>>> No Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free) @thebigmansworld.com