An easy recipe for healthy snack bites that taste like cookie dough snuck straight from the bowl! They’re packed with protein but NO butter, eggs, refined flour or sugar!
- 6 tbsp (42g) coconut flour
- 6 tbsp (30g) soy protein isolate
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup (180mL) unsweetened cashew milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla crème stevia, or to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp (21g) miniature chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, soy protein, and salt. Make a well in the center. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, cashew milk, and stevia. Pour the cashew milk mixture into the coconut flour mixture, and stir until just incorporated. Mix in half of the chocolate chips. Chill the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully shape the mixture into spheres, and place them onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the tops of the bites. Transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate.
This recipe was specifically designed for soy protein isolate (powder). Most protein powders behave differently, especially when it comes to absorbing moisture. If you substitute a different plant-based protein powder, you may need to add more protein powder if the dough is too wet OR more milk if the dough is too dry.
Do not substitute whey-based protein powder; the bites will not set. Any milk may be substituted for the cashew milk. Any sweetener may be substituted in place of the vanilla crème stevia. However, you may need to adjust the amount of coconut flour or soy protein if the dough is too wet OR more milk if the dough is too dry. You’ll need the equivalent of ½ cup of granulated sugar. If you prefer to make bars instead of bites, line a 9x5” loaf pan with parchment paper. Skip the 15-20 minutes of chilling in Step 2, and press the mixture into the lined pan. Gently press the remaining chocolate chips on top, and chill for at least 3 hours before slicing into 6 bars.
RECIPES >>> Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bites @amyshealthybaking.com