I made this for my family and oh my heavens, it was delicious!! Anything my daughter will gobble up is a win in my book!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle a pan or skillet with oil (about 2 teaspoons is fine) and cook chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, just to brown the very outside of the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a greased baking sheet or large casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, make the balsamic glaze. In a small-medium sauce pan whisk together balsamic vinegar, sugar, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low heat and allow to simmer while chicken is cooking. The liquid should reduce by half after 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Uncover chicken and brush some of the balsamic glaze on top of the chicken. Return to oven (uncovered) and bake another 5-10 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Drizzle remaining balsamic glaze over chicken and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley or rosemary if desired.