- 2 cups of mandarin or tangerine juice, from about 8-10 mandarins (depending on the size)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar cane juice (guarapo), or ½ cup simple syrup/sugar, adjust to taste
- 8 oz of mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups of chilled sparkling water or club soda, adjust more or less based on your preference
- 1 to ½ cups of rum, adjust to taste
- Mandarin or tangerine slices
- Mint leaves
- Sugar to decorate rims, optional
- You can make the mojitos in individual glasses or in a pitcher. I make them in a pitcher and only add a bit of sparkling water. Then in each glass, I place ice cubes, mint leaves and fruit slices, pour the drink into the glasses and then top it off with some sparkling water.
- Gently muddle or crush the mint leaves with the sugar cane juice (or sugar or simple syrup).
- Add the rum, lime juice, and mandarin juice, mix well and taste. Add sugar or rum if needed – remember than you will still add sparkling water. Add a few ice cubes and some mandarin slices. Then top off with the sparkling water and mix gently.
- As mentioned above, to serve in each individual glass: put ice cube in the glass, then add some fresh mint leaves and mandarin slices, and pour the drink into the glasses. Top off with additional sparkling water or club soda if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Mocktail variation: To make this as a mocktail variation, leave out the rum and replace it with additional sparkling water or sparkling lemonade.
Recipes >>> Tangerine or mandarin mojito @laylita.com