For 12 Serving
- 2 Pounds Pasta Any shape you like
- 2 Pounds ground beef
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 6 Cups Shredded Cheese Cheddar is best
- 4 Tablespoons corn starch
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Cook pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in a large pot, adding salt and pepper to taste. Brown over medium high heat until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside. Wipe out pot to use for the sauce.
- In a large bowl, toss shredded cheese with corn starch until well coated. Keep near the cook top. Heat milk in the pot used for the beef over medium-low heat until slowly simmering. Add the coated cheese one handful at a time, whisking thoroughly. Keep adding until all of the cheese is incorporated and you have a smooth and creamy sauce. Turn the heat to low and carefully add the macaroni and ground beef. Stir until well mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Either serve immediately, or put into two casserole dishes (I use disposable tins when I'm going to bring it camping and glass 9x12 baking dishes when I'm going to serve it at home). Freeze for later use. When you are ready to serve the casserole, thaw to room temperature and heat in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.