Easy and tasty. Made for my elderly parents. Store bought peaches were quite hard and weren't softening and hard for parents to chew. Baking the peaches helped a lot! Didn't have cinnamon. Substituted ground ginger. Flavor very good. Look forward to using better peaches next time and trying cinnamon.
1 cup mascarpone
½ cup Heavy whipping cream
1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Cut the peaches in half and remove pits. Place in a baking dish. I used a cast iron skillet.
- Place a pat of butter on each peach half and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them so they brown but don't burn. The time is dependent on the size of your peaches.
- While they are baking and browning, mix your cream, mascarpone and vanilla extract. Lightly toast almonds in pan.
- When your peaches are baked and browned remove them from the oven.
- Place peach on plate. Spoon remaining butter and honey in pan and pool over the peach. Place a heaping spoonful of marscapone cream on peach and top with almonds and cinnamon sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!