I made this last night for 8 people didn't have enough sausage to I mixed it with some ground beef my family loved it only complaint I got is there wasn't enough.
1 (16 ounce) tube biscuit dough
6 ounces part skim, low moisture mozzarella (can substitute cheese sticks)
16 slices (about 2 ounces) salami (I used a little under half of a 5 ounce package)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If package has 8 biscuits, split each biscuit in half to make 16 flat disks. Divide cheese into 16 equal portions. Cut each piece of salami up into 4 pieces.
- One biscuit at a time, add chunk of cheese and 4 pieces of salami on dough and then wrap ends around to create a ball. Be sure to fully seal.
- Add olive oil to a shallow cup. Add parmesan and seasoning to another shallow cup.
- Once all the balls have formed, dip each ball in the olive oil and then roll the top in the parmesan seasoning mixture. Place on a baking sheet with the parmesan seasoning side up.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10-15. Serve immediately so the cheese is nice and melty.