This recipe was great!! Crust was excellent, but I rolled my crust a little thicker and made 13 pies instead of 18...and the filling was perfect...I stuff my pies a little thicker. I also used only apricots instead of the apricot/peach mixture. I dabbed a little cold water on the inside edges and it prevented the pies from opening during the fry process.
2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
1 can (21 oz) peach pie filling
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and dice peaches using a fork and knife (you want them to be small pieces). Add in cinnamon and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop peach pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into glaze, coating it completely. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes). ENJOY!