Made these last night. I used agave instead of honey and coconut yogurt. I baked them for a little longer than 25 minutes – they were quite gooey when they come out of the oven but firmed up a bit as they cooled.
SO delicious! And not to sweet – just the way I like them.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive or melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, sprinkle each muffin with a few more chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day. Makes 12 muffins.
Source of Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins @ambitiouskitchen.com