It was a very good soup. I think needs more liquid. Next time will add a cup more broth. Also I think the garlic could go to 2 cloves. Very heavy garlic flavor as written.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 6 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano
- 6 ounces pasta (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and fennel and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, italian seasoning, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes before adding the pasta and simmering until it is cooked al-dente, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, shred and mix it back into the soup.
- Mix in the parmesan until it melts, season with salt and pepper to taste, mix in the basil, remove from heat and enjoy!
Original Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipes @closetcooking.com