I have made this several times now. I omit the zest and use 1/2 stick butter=1/4 cup. To avoid any cooked egg bits I cream the butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time mixing well after each. Then add lemon juice then heat.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest finely grated
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs.
- Add the butter and cook over low heat, stirring continuously with a whisk, until the first bubble appears on the surface of the mixture and the curd is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk, about 6-8 minutes.
- Strain the lemon curd through a fine-mesh strainer if you don't want the lemon zest in the curd. Transfer the hot lemon curd to a bowl or jar and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, then take off the plastic wrap and replace with a lid.
- The curd keeps fresh in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Source of EASY LEMON CURD RECIPE Recipe @platedcravings.com,
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.