I can see why people like this recipe. I proceeded to make my own twist by adding chunks of veggies after I completed the original recipe. I also added Gardien meat-less chik’n (as seen in the two photos I posted). It’s pretty good and more Importantly Vegan!
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 -15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- Push the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion in translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Briefly turn off the Instant Pot, and add the carrots, potatoes, thyme and vegetable broth.
- Give it a little stir, then place the lid on, seal and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Release pressure manually, using a towel to prevent any burning. Use an immersion blender, and blend until fairly smooth (you may leave some chunks if you want).
- Stir in the coconut milk. You may use less than the entire can for a thinner, less creamy soup. Season with salt to taste, and serve with chopped chives and fresh bread for dipping, if desired!
Without an Instant Pot:
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large soup pot. Add the vegetables, thyme and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Use an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached. Pour in the coconut milk, stir, and season with salt to taste.
Source of EASY VEGAN POTATO SOUP Recipe @noracooks.com,
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.