I halved the recipe (used 8x8 pan) and used almost a full can of lemon pie filling, to which I added the juice and zest from half a lemon to freshen it up. Because I knew these would be a more delicate bar dessert, I used sliced almonds rather than chopped, and I was more than pleased with the modifications I made. Rich and buttery, refreshingly lemony, not too sweet, pretty and perfect little dessert.
- 175 g ( 1 cup and 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep)*
- 95 g (1/2 cup minus 2 teaspoons) granulated sugar
- 115 g (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes , room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 120 g (1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 80 ml/g (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 4 g (2 teaspoons) lemon zest
- 30 g (2 teaspoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 10 g (1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for coating the bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177C°). Grease 8 inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
- Crust: Mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add in the cubed butters and cut butter into flour mixture with a fork. Alternatively, you can rub the butter and flour mixture with your fingertips. The mixture will look like breadcrumbs.
- Spread the mixture into the oven proof dish with your hand. You can use back of a spoon to spread it evenly. You should lightly flour the spoon to avoid it sticking to the flour-butter mixture. Bake almost 25 minutes until it is golden brown. For a soft crust: Bake for 20 minutes or until it lightly changes color.
- Filling: Mix the lemon zest and sugar in a bowl with a fork or rub with your fingertips to increase the lemon flavor. Add in the eggs and whisk for almost 30 seconds until combined well. Then add the cooled melted butter, lemon juice and mix. Add the flour until combined well.
- After 25 minutes (or almost 20 minutes for a soft crust), remove the dish from the oven and add the filling. Bake for 12 minutes until the filling is set but still soft. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool at room temperature for almost 1,5 hours. When it is cool enough, lift the paper from the sides. Cut into 9 or 16 squares. Dust with powdered sugar.
Source of Lemon Bars with Lemon Curd Recipe @pastryandbeyond.com,
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.