Great tasting and easy dinner. I use regular spaghetti sauce and add cream, rather than use jarred Alfredo. Also I use chicken cutlets to make them nice and thin. Definitely a keeper!
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups marinara
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- US Customary - Metric
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in sliced mushrooms and saute 3 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in crushed garlic and let heat 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked pasta, marinara and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour in tomatoes and spinach. Stir to combine. Stir in heavy cream.
- Serve hot sprinkled with parmesan cheese.