Great recipe, we've made it for years and serve it as a dessert. We use vanilla pudding instead, and with a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping the butterscotchy flavour isn't overpowering. As parents we probably won't serve this every day, but we can help our kids learn how to include sweets in a healthy diet - by exposing them to treats from time to time.
- 1 (5.1) ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Opal apples, diced
- 12 Snickers candy bars, diced
- caramel syrup
- In a large bowl, beat vanilla pudding mix and milk. Chill in the fridge per instructions to set up.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Chill in fridge.
- To assemble: In a trifle bowl or large glass bowl, layer 1/3 of the apples, pudding mix, and Snickers three times (save a few toppings for the very top). Top with whipped cream, caramel syrup if desired, and a few diced apples and Snickers.
Original Recipes SNICKERS APPLE SALAD @the-girl-who-ate-everything.com