This recipe turned out well for me with three bone-in chicken breasts. Note she doesn't say how much water to cook the chicken in so the spices and seasonings are all approximate amounts depending on how much water is used in the soup. This recipe is just right for the experienced chicken soup maker but for those new to it, beware you have to put in seasonings to taste.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat and add in oil. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add in grated ginger and grated turmeric. Saute for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit, then add in chicken broth, chicken breast, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil, then stir in couscous. You’ll want the chicken to be covered by the broth so make sure you stir them down to the bottom. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks. Add chicken back to pot then stir in frozen peas. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Source of The Best Chicken Soup Recipe @ambitiouskitchen.com,
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.