This is a great basic teriyaki salmon recipe. I tweaked it and used what I had in the pantry - olive oil instead of sesame oil, minced garlic instead of garlic powder - I've made this probably 5 times and used different ingredients each time but it always turns out great - it's a great basic recipe!
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets about 1/2 pound or 250 grams each, skin on
- salt and pepper to taste
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup white wine see note
- 1/2 cup soy sauce regular or low-sodium
- 1/4 tbsp sugar
- 4 slices fresh ginger Optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mirin, white wine, soy sauce, sugar and fresh ginger to make the teriyaki sauce.
- Pat dry your salmon fillets with paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat, and add the salmon fillets skin-side down. Note: oil is not required if you are using a nonstick pan.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the skillet, flip the salmon fillets and pour the teriyaki sauce. Turn the heat to high, let the sauce boil. In the mean time, spooning the sauce onto the salmon to coat evenly. It will take another 3-4 minutes for the salmon to be cooked through (the time varies based on the thickness of your fillet).
- Remove salmon to serving plates, while allowing sauce to continue boiling another minute or so until thickening.
- Spoon or brush thickened sauce onto salmon as a final glaze.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Source of EASY TERIYAKI SALMON Recipe @tipbuzz.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.