Brilliant! Not too sweet, and the glaze is amazing. Made according to recipe and it turned out great.
IngridientsGingerbread Sheet Cake
- 320g (2 1/4 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 200g (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 300g (1 1/4 cups) whole milk
- 170g (1/2 cup) unsulphured molasses
- 90g (6 Tbsp) Canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 170g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 335g cream cheese, cold from the fridge
- 670g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80g maple syrup
- PROCESS -GINGERBREAD SHEET CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with baking spray, or grease with butter. Line with a parchment paper sling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add milk, molasses, oil, and eggs. Beat with a mixer at low speed until combined, about 1 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter twice to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Dust with icing sugar, or frost with maple cream cheese frosting (recipe follows)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on high until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add icing sugar, vanilla bean paste and salt, and mix on low to combine. Turn the mixer to high and beat for another 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add maple syrup, and beat until well combined.
- Scrape the frosting onto the cake, and spread with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source of Gingerbread Sheet Cake With Maple Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe @cloudykitchen.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.