I don't like adding that much sugar, usually substitute part of the sugar for honey. I also like adding a little lime juice to the mixture.
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh mango puree, refer notes
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 pinch saffron threads, crushed with fingers
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk ( a bit more than half a can )
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- To make kulfi pops
- popsicle molds or paper cups
- popsicle sticks
InstructionsMake mango puree,
- Add fresh mango puree into a medium non-stick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it gets thick and reduces to 1/2 cup (slightly more is ok). To check- take pan off heat, spoon cooked mango puree into a measuring cup. If it is a lot more, then transfer mixture back into pan and cook longer.
- Once reduced to 1/2 cup, transfer mango puree into a bowl and let cool completely to room temperature. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until chilled (several hours or up to 2 days).
- Make saffron cream
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream into a microwavable container and microwave until it gets hot (begins to boil). Remove from microwave and stir in saffron threads (crush with your finger tips before adding into the cream). Let cream cool to room temperature. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until chilled (several hours or up to 2 days).
- Alternatively, you could heat cream in a small saucepan over stovetop.
- I usually make mango puree and saffron cream at the same time. So, both are chilled well and ready to go to make mango kulfi.
Make mango kulfi
- Into a medium bowl, combine saffron soaked heavy cream and remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream. Beat with hand held electric beater (on high speed) until thick and softly whipped (when soft peaks form), about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Into the whipped saffron cream, add sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder and cooked mango puree. Whip again for about 30 seconds, until mixed completely.
- To make mango kulfi pops – Spoon mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. Insert popsicle sticks and place in freezer overnight. ( If using paper cups – when ready to eat, snip off a bit of the cup and peel off pop).
- To make mango kulfi ice cream,, transfer mixture into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze overnight. To serve, scoop mango kulfi into serving bowls.
Source of Mango Kulfi Recipe @kitchenathoskins.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.