I added 3 Tbls of maple syrup, 1 1/2 med avocado, 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk and the 1 cup roasted and salted pistachios. 2 drops of green food coloring. I tasted it before freezing and it was delicious – so creamy and not overly sweet. Looking forward to trying it later.
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy mik ((I used cashew))
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, shells removed
- 1 cup Medjool dates ((*see notes))
- Optional: 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Optional: 1/4 tsp spirulina ((for color))
- Combine the milk, avocado, pistachios, medjool dates, and almond extract in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the spirulina slowly to achieve a pretty green color, tasting as you go and being careful not add too much or it will taste salty and ocean-y.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, top with chopped pistachios, and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes or until soft enough to scoop. Or if you want it SUPER creamy, break into chunks and re-blend until smooth.
- Scoop into bowls or cones. Enjoy!
Source of NO-CHURN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM Recipe @feastingonfruit.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.