We were trying to get into the habit of eating fish for dinner once a week. We printed out several fish recipes - this happened to be the first one we tried. We never got around to trying the others. This has become a staple in our weekly menu. We don't use fillets, we use boneless salmon steaks instead (you'll need to bake for the full 45 mins. if you do too). I add two slices of lemon atop each salmon steak prior to closing up the packets. Since we prefer to serve this over white rice (sounds odd but is delicious) we omit the parsley so that we're left with a bit of sauce after it's done baking which we then pour over and toss the rice in. We place the rice on a plate, the salmon on top and serve with steamed broccoli all around. Once a week every week and it's never gotten old. I still look forward to it every week.
- 2 pounds (907.18 g) Salmon fillets
- 3-4 tablespoons (42.53 - 56.70 g) unsalted butter
- 2-3 teaspoons (5.60 - 8.40 g) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (6.90 g) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon (6.80 g) paprika
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon (1.80 g) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoon (5.30 - 15.90 g) fresh parsley, basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) or more lemon juice
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper, like I did, spray with cooking spray or lightly oil. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, make about 4-5 slits on salmon. Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan set over medium low heat butter, minced garlic, Paprika, onion powder cayenne pepper and parsley or basil. Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minute. Add lemon juice to mixture.
- Brush salmon with spice mixture, making sure every inch is covered with spice .
- Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness. When the thickest part of the salmon is easily flaked with a fork, the salmon is perfectly cooked.
- Garnish immediately with lemon slices.
Source of Oven Baked Salmon Recipe @africanbites.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.