I followed the recipe to the letter, and this baked up beautifully, evenly cooked throughout, and tasted wonderful. The yogurt really brings some moisture to the cake, and the bits of pineapple definitely bring some flavor. And I thought the amount of the topping was perfect for the 8" coffee cake unlike the first reviewer. Next time, I may add some coconut as suggested and maybe even add a few chopped pecans to the cake.
- 1 can 20 oz tidbit pineapple pieces in juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups baking mix example Bisquick
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 2/3 cups of juice. Pat the tidbits dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and cubed butter. Work the mixture between your fingers till well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the reserved juice with the egg, baking mix and white sugar. Beat together for 1 minute, just until you have a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Top the batter with half of the brown sugar/pecan mixture. Place the pineapple tidbits on top. Place the remaining brown sugar/pecan mixture over the tidbits. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 -30 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.
Source of Pecan Pineapple Coffee Cake Recipe @bunnyswarmoven.net, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.