Well this is the most amazing tiramisu recipe ever. I cannot BELIEVE not that many people have tried it. This will now be the dessert for every birthday/special occasion. It is not too sweet, and the whole recipe just tastes fantastic - the strawberries really lighten up the dish.
- 4 cups (400g) fresh strawberries finely sliced
- 2 1/4 cups (500g) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 3 large egg white
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar
- 10.5 oz (200g) ladyfingers or Savoiardi biscuits
- 4 tbsp Cointreau liqueur
- 3 heaped tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2-3 square white chocolate for grating
- Add 3 large egg whites to a bowl with 3 tbsp sugar and whisk to stiff peaks. In a separate bowl whisk together 4 egg yolks and 2 tbsp sugar until light, creamy and doubled in size.
- Top Tip: DO NOT let any egg yolk touch the egg whites as the fat will stop the whites from whipping and can cause them to collapse. It's ok if there is a little egg white in with the yolks though.
- Add the mascarpone in with the beaten egg yolks and whisk until incorporated with no lumps. Add 2 tbsp Cointreau or liqueur of choice and stir to combine..
- Fold in the egg whites using a spatula or wooden spoon being careful not to knock too much air out. Fold gently until completely incorporated.
- Add strawberry jam and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour into a shallow bowl and let cool Once cooled add 2 tbsp Cointreau and stir.
- .Dunk the biscuits into the cooled liquid and line the bottom of a baking dish, you might need to break a few biscuits or change direction to fit your dish.
- Once you have one layer top with the mascarpone mixture, use just under half because you want the top layer to have slightly more. Spread it all over evenly then top with sliced strawberries and grated white chocolate.
- Continue with another layer of biscuits followed by the rest of the mascarpone, sliced strawberries and grated white chocolate.
- Cover with cling film (plastic wrap) and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or 8 if possible. The longer you leave it the better because the biscuits get a chance to soak up all the extra flavour.
Source of Strawberry Tiramisu with White Chocolate Recipe @insidetherustickitchen.com, Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.