We all loved this! I used Turkey Sausage, egg substitute, skim milk and Crispy Crowns instead. I also baked the Crispy Crowns about halfway first and placed them in the pan crunchy side down. The only complaint was that there were no leftovers!
- 2 (9 Ounce) Packages Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 Pound Bacon
- 1 (32 Ounce) Package Tater Tots
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded~Divided
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until cooked through. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and drain skillet of all fat. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook bacon in the same, defatted skillet until brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
- Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup green onions, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked sausage and half the cooked bacon.
- Fold in 1 cup Monterey jack cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese into egg mixture and pour egg mixture over tater tots
- Bake in preheated oven until egg mixture is set and, 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1 cheddar cup cheese, pop back in the oven, about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining half crumbled bacon and green onions and serve.
Inspiration of TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE Recipe @gonnawantseconds.com