Wow, these were delicious!!! I made some changes based on preference (way less sugar- 1/2 cup turbinado is the only sweetener I used, whole wheat flour in place of the white, extra baking powder in place of the baking soda). Then I made some changes based on what I had on hand (grapeseed oil in place of canola, almond milk in place of the coconut milk, and ginger in place of the nutmeg. They turned out just lovely and my family was very pleased.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas , mashed
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans , plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan or fill with 12 non-stick liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed banana with all of the wet ingredients. Add the wet into dry, and mix until it's just starting to come together. Be careful not to over mix, lumps are totally cool. Add in the chopped banana and nuts and give it 3 to 4 more stirs.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan and finish by sprinkling extra nuts on top (optional). Bake for 22 to 26 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden brown on the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Source of VEGAN BANANA NUT MUFFINS Recipe @itdoesnttastelikechicken.com,
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.