As a key lime pie lover, I’m both intrigued and want to balk at this rendition. I’m intrigued by the cashew cream and avocado and there is no denying how gorgeous the kiwi is on top!
- One (9-inch) pie crust, pre-baked until golden.
- 1 ½ cups whole raw cashews, soaked four hours, or overnight is even better
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, preferably from Key limes
- 1 small avocado, peeled and seeded
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar see note
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk see note
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ripe kiwis
- Add the lime juice to the blender. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to the blender, along with the lime zest, avocado, sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. This will take 3 to 4 minutes in a regular blender, less time in a high speed blender.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked pie crust of your choice. Freeze until firm, 5 hours or overnight. *The filling holds it’s shape refrigerated, but I find it’s best to get there if the pie has been frozen first, then tempered in the fridge until soft enough to cut. If the pie is super-frozen, tempering may take a few hours.
- To serve: Peel the kiwis, cut in half lengthwise, and slice about 1/8-inch thick. Arrange on top of the pie, working from the outside to the inside. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source of Creamy Vegan Kiwi Lime Avocado Pie Recipe @https://www.lettyskitchen.com/creamy-vegan-kiwi-lime-avocado-pie/