We’ve been slapped with a ton of medical bills so to save money we’ve been eating rice and beans 4 days a week to get them paid off and this is the recipe i use but to save even more money I’ve been making the black beans in the instapot with dried beans. However, I did follow other's advice. I added 1 can tomatoes w/chiles, 1 can of corn, 1 can of beans, 2tsp cumin, 2 tsp tumeric, splash of lime, chicken broth. This will definitely be added to my menu.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 cup white rice I like medium grain
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 15 ounces canned seasoned black beans drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes, until onion is tender and starting to brown. Add garlic, and sauté one minute longer. Add uncooked rice, and stir and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, and cumin. Stir together, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in beans, and cover again. Turn off heat, and let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Source of Easy Black Beans and Rice Recipe @wearychef.com
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.