- 1 cup unsalted Challenge butter plus additional for buttering parchment
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans plus additional for topping if desired
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heart, stirring as needed.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gently pour in the milk and stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the mixture is lukewarm or at room temperature.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in powdered sugar, one to one-half cup at a time, stirring until completely combined. Add powdered sugar just until the mixture is thick and has the consistency of fudge. (It wall harden as it chills.)
- Stir in coarsely chopped pecans.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and top with additional pecans if desired.
- Cover and cool until firm.
- Cut into squares and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Source of EASY PENUCHE RECIPE Recipe @ momontimeout.com