The only waffles I make anymore! This recipe is wonderful. They're not just good for healthy food, they are really really good. Crisp exterior, creamy interior. Freeze wonderfully -- I make a batch on the weekends and freeze leftovers, pop in toaster oven and they are perfect.
- 1 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4c unsweetened Apple sauce
- 3 tbsp to 1/4 c Naturally More Peanut Butter (with protein)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 c almond or non dairy milk of choice
- Optional honey to sweeten
- Optional Toppings : Melted Peanut butter, maple syrup, berries, banana, or dark chocolate chips
- First place gluten free oats in blender or food processor. Blend until you get a flour, or close to it.
- Next add the rest of your ingredients. Blend until a thick batter is formed. You might need to stop a few times and scrape the sides.
- Once a batter is formed, let it sit in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron on medium to high. Add a smidgen of coconut spray or butter.
- Pour half the batter (depending on your size waffle iron) and heat for about 5 minutes or until waffles are brown and fluffy.
- Remove and repeat. This should make two 6-inch waffles (or 8 sections of waffles). See notes for making a bigger batch.
- Plate and top with extra melted peanut butter, fruit, and/or maple syrup.
Source of Flourless Peanut Butter Waffles Recipe @cottercrunch.com