Very, very moist, rich cake. Followed recipe exactly. This is going to become a standard at our house. Perfect with a dusting of powdered sugar and a cold glass of milk. I can definitely see where this one won the award!
IngredientsFor the Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter (*see note)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes
For a 9x13'' One Layer Cake
- Grease 9x13'' pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely completely before frosting. Makes 24-30 cupcakes
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- Combine butter and cocoa powder.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- You might also love my German Chocolate Cake!
Source of HERSHEY’S “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE CAKE Recipe @tastesbetterfromscratch.com