This is my go-to cookie for showing off. I dip mine in chocolate also when they're done. Who doesn't love the peanut butter-chocolate combo? Over a double boiler over medium low heat melt three 4 oz bars of ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate, or 12 oz of semisweet chocolate chips along with about 3-4 tbsp of crisco. Dip the cookies into the chocolate. I usually dip just one side. Sometimes I dip the whole top of the cookie. You could try the whole cookie in chocolate, but thats pretty indulgent. Anyway, once dipped, set the cookies on wax paper. I do this on the cookies sheets. Then I put a whole sheet of freshly dipped cookies in the freezer. This sets the chocolate.
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour or rolled oats finely grounded
- 1/4 cup vanilla vegan protein I used @tropeaka
- 1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, optional
- pinch of sea salt, optional
- 1/3 cup melted dark chocolate
- In a food processor, add dates, vanilla and peanut butter and process until smooth. Then add the oat flour, protein powder, and salt and process until the mixture starts to form a dough. If it doesn't seem to come together, add another tablespoon or two of peanut butter and process again.
- Form the dough into balls and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Press each ball gently with a fork to make the classic peanut butter cookie criss-cross pattern. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Dip the cookies in chocolate glaze about halfway, let excess drip off, and place back on parchment-lined pan. Back in the freezer to set about 5 minuets. Enjoy! .
Source of PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN COOKIES Recipe @ nmmeiyee.com