This was great. The guys in my house loved it and ate it up before I could get a picture of it to post. I added some melted vanilla icing to it as well. Incidentally, it's great for breakfast.
- 16 oz all purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking powder
- 22 oz granulated sugar
- .75 tsp salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter (1 cup or 2 sticks) room temp
- 1.5 Tbsp vanilla bean paste or good quality real vanilla extract
- 7 each Egg whites large, room temp
- 12 oz milk whole, room temp
- 1 oz Vegetable oil
- The Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe. This amazing vanilla cake bakes perfectly every time! Try the recipe that has won over thousands of bakers around the globe!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease sides and bottom of 2 – 8” round pans. My goop recipe is perfect for pan release.
- Add all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt) to a stand mixer bowl and mix with a paddle to combine well. This replaces sifting.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients (vanilla bean paste, egg whites, milk, and vegetable oil) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Turn mixer to low and add chunks of butter slowly to the dry mix. Continue to beat on slow until there are no chunks of butter remaining and the mixture becomes crumbly.
- On low speed, add 1/3 of the liquid ingredients to the dry/butter ingredients and then turn to medium. Mix until a light paste forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add half of the remaining wet ingredients and beat on medium high speed for 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Divide evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and sides have begun to pull away from the side of the pan. (This will depend on the size of your pan, how full you make it, and on proper oven temp.)
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Place on a rack to finish cooling.
Source of Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe @karascouturecakes.com