These turned out excellent! I made fried pickles in my air fryer using pickle slices when I first got it and was unimpressed. To get the brown you'd expect, it totally dried out the juice in the pickle sliced. Using pickle spears is genius! I made these exactly as written and they turned out perfect. They had just the right amount of crunch and juice you expect from a fried pickle but without the "fry". I had a jar of regular spears opened in the fridge with only two spears left and decided to throw them in the mix. For all of you non spicy fans, they turned out great too and had plenty of flavor.
- 32oz jar whole large dill pickles
- 2 cups of all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of cayenne
- 1 tsp. Cajun spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of non-fat milk
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- Slice pickles into somewhat thick, 1 inch slices.
- Drain pickles and blot with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, eggs and milk to create a batter. Mix well.
- In an separate bowl, add Panko crumbs.
- Dip each pickle chip into the flour mixture, then into the Panko crumbs.
- Heat air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Add a few pickles at a time to air fryer basket. If desired, spritz with cooking spray. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Enjoy with Ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
Original Weight Watchers Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe @theholymess.com
Please visit it to get note of this recipe