I was a little concerned when I saw that the color was so light - I expected a darker brown color. BUT, they baked up perfectly! I made cupcakes and they made nice little 'domes' when they baked and they were very moist! So unlike nearly all of the g/f box mixes I've tried. This one is definitely a keeper!
For the cake
- 3 cups (420 g) all purpose gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder (Dutch-processed also works fine)
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons (168 g) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 fluid ounces) brewed coffee
For the glaze
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee, dry red wine or lukewarm water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a standard 12-cup bundt pan, dust it lightly with cocoa powder and set it aside. Alternatively, grease and line an 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan and set it aside. If using a single round cake pan, halve all of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon and whisk to combine well. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and place the melted coconut oil, vinegar, vanilla, and coffee, and whisk to combine well. The batter will be soft. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted halfway between the center of the bundt pan and the edge or in the center of a round cake comes out clean (about 45 minutes for a bundt; 30 minutes for an 8-inch round pan; 25 minutes for a 9-inch round pan). Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a small heat-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second bursts at 70% power or over a double boiler, stirring until melted and smooth. Add the whipping cream and coffee, wine or water, and mix to combine well. Allow the glaze to sit until no longer hot to the touch. Pour the glaze evenly over the top of the cooled bundt cake. Allow the glaze to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
Source of Crazy Cake Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe @glutenfreeonashoestring.com, Visit it for more Information.