This cake was done at 36 minutes! I was a bit concerned when all the pear liquid exuded towards the top when I added the cake batter, but it turned out perfectly. A great dessert for a cold winter night.
- ¼ cup Butter Unsalted
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- 3 Pears Peeled and cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1⅓ cup All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Desiccated
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Milk Whole
- 1 tbsp Coconut Finely shredded
- 3 tbsp White chocolate Shreds
- Grease a round spring form pan (Dimensions- 9×3).
- Add butter and place this pan in the oven. Keep an eye on it. When the butter melts (in less than 5 minutes), remove pan from the oven.
- Now, sprinkle brown sugar all over the melted butter.
- Arrange your pears on top of the butter and sugar mixture. Keep this pan aside while you prepare the cake batter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then, add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla extract and mix everything until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, coconut, milk and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Pour this batter into the pan you had prepared earlier.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 325 degrees or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let this cake cool for an hour on a cooling rack and then release the sides of the springform pan and flip cake over gently on a serving dish or a cake board.
- Top it off with finely shredded coconut and white chocolate shreds. Enjoy!
Visit cakewhiz.com for more information about this recipe.