Just made this cake and it is fabulous! I stuck to the recipe and have to say it’s the best chocolate vegan cake I’ve made yet. I’m hoping it will freeze and thaw well, I made 2, one to eat and one to freeze.
- 2½ cup spelt flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1½ cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1½ cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1½ Tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbsp almond milk, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 355F and oil brush your cake pan.
- Carefully melt your dark chocolate and let it cool down for several minutes
- I a bowl, combine the sugar with the coconut oil and the peanut butter
- Add the melted chocolate.
- I another bowl combine the flour with the chocolate powder, the baking powder and salt
- One after another add the flour mixture and the milk and water to the sugar-oil mixture until everything is well combined
- Last, add the apple cider and then pour into your cake pan
- Bake the cake at 355F for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- For the coating, carefully melt the chocolate and let cool down.
- Add the almond milk and immediately distribute on the cake
- (You can add more milk if you are aiming for a thinner coating)
Source of Basic Vegan Chocolate cake Recipe @ vanillacrunnch.com