Just made these after googling for quick bread ideas to go with turkey soup.... they're amazing!! I'm actually so excited to make them again for company sometime!! I did find the dough a touch stickier than I'm used to but left it as is and they turned out perfect.
- 3 cups warm water
- 4 Tbs white sugar
- 2 Tbs yeast
- 1 tsp butter flavoring optional
- 6.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Garlic salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Start with warm water, and add yeast and sugar to it. Be sure the water is not too hot or it will kill your yeast.
- Let it sit about 5 minutes. (Watch for yeast to foam)
- Add in butter flavoring if you are using it, don't worry, it is good without it too.
- Then using a mixer, or by hand, stir in the flour and salt. I used a kitchen aid, and a bread hook, and it worked well.
- Once well mixed, let it sit, covered for about 10 minutes.
- While waiting for dough to rise a little (during the 10 minutes), melt your butter in the microwave.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle
- Brush with butter, and sprinkle on garlic salt.
- Fold dough in half so that the butter mixture is in the center.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch strips into the dough.
- Twist the strips to form garlic bread twists.
- Put bread sticks or twists on an ungreased baking sheet (should fill 2 sheets)
- Cover breadsticks and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Turn on oven and preheat to 400 while bread is rising.
- Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush on melted butter, and sprinkle on more garlic salt
Source of Garlic Bread Twists Recipe @ eazypeazymealz.com