- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 gr Almond Meal, or Ground Almonds
- 60 gr Brown Sugar
- 100 gr Unsalted Butter
- 1 teasp. Vanilla Extract, Optional
- 200 gr Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat your oven on 170°C.
- Separate the Egg Whites and Yolks in two bowls. Set the bowl with the Egg Whites aside.
- Melt the Butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Add the Sugar to the Egg Yolks and beat until creamy and frothy.
- When cool, add the Melted Butter and Vanilla Extract (if wanted) and mix well.
- Add the Almond Meal to the batter and incorporate it with a spatula.
- Whip the Egg Whites with the Pinch of Salt until hard peaks form. Use a hand mixer if you do not have the muscles required to beat the egg whites into a meringue (like me...).
- Gradually incorporate the Meringue (Egg White) into the first batter and gently fold it in with the spatula.
- It is easier to incorporate the Meringue in 3 or 4 times, but try not to over work the batter or you risk breaking the meringue.
- Pour the cake batter into a round baking tin (preferably with removable bottom).
- Cut the Strawberries in half and place on top of the cake in your preferred pattern.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out dry when you stick it in the cake.
Source of STRAWBERRY ALMOND CAKE Recipe @ thefoodiejourney.com