I made this yesterday morning quickly before leaving the house to visit my parents. The ingredients were all things I have around all the time, and it came together so quickly. I brought the cake with me to my parents who also follow a low-carb diet. Oh. My. Gosh. This is easily one of the best LCHF cakes I’ve tasted, and I’ve been baking this way for over a year. It was pound cake perfection…crispy on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside. So rich and decadent, and very filling. My parents loved it just as much as I did. I’ll definitely be making this again and it will be a staple in my kitchen. Cannot wait to top it with sweetened HWC and a strawberry or two. Thank you HKM for this amazing recipe.
- 2 cups almond flour (I use this kind)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup erythritol (I used this)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Generously butter a 9 inch bundt pan, set aside
- Combine almond flour and baking powder in a large bowl, set aside
- Cut butter into several small squares and put in separate bowl, add cream cheese
- Microwave butter and cream cheese for 30 seconds. Be careful to not burn cream cheese. Stir these wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Add erythritol, vanilla extract, and sour cream to butter and cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl of almond flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- Add eggs to batter. Stir well.
- Pour batter into buttered bundt pan, place in oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the cake comes out clean.
- For best results, let cake cool completely for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. If you remove it too soon, it may crumble a bit.
Source of KETO VANILLA POUND CAKE Recipe @ heyketomama.com