- 80 g butter, melted
- 250 g (3/4 cup) condensed milk
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits like Marie biscuits
- 90 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Grated lemon zest from one lemon
- For the Lemon Frosting:
- 360 g icing sugar
- 90 g butter, softened to room temperature
- 5 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- Grease and line a 22cm X 32cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush biscuits and place into a bowl.
- Add coconut and grated lemon rind.
- Mix to combine.
- Add melted butter, condensed milk and lemon juice to the biscuit mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Press into the prepared tin.
- Place into the fridge.
- In a bowl, whisk the icing sugar, room temperature butter and lemon juice in a bowl until creamy and 'frosting-like' - if the frosting is too thick to spread, add a little more lemon juice.
- Spread the frosting over the slice, sprinkle with the extra coconut and place back into the fridge to set completely.
- Cut into slices.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Source of Lemon & Coconut Slice - New & Improved @ bakeplaysmile.com