Using this recipe it’s the first I have made a fried rice that tastes like fried rice!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped
- 120 g/4 oz bacon , chopped (optional, or use ham)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups frozen diced vegetables (I used peas, corn, carrots)
- 2 cups, packed, cooked white rice (day old refrigerated or frozen defrosted (Note 1))
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup shallots / scallions / green onions , sliced
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or Mirin (or sake, dry sherry) (Note 3)
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (or light or all purpose) (Note 4)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil , optional
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Heat about 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok or 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until bacon is light golden - about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add vegetables (still frozen is fine). Cook for 2 minutes so they defrost and water evaporates.
- Add rice and Sauce ingredients. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes until liquid evaporates.
- Shove rice to the side of the wok / skillet. Add 1/2 tbsp oil into the cleared space, shift wok so the heat is centred over the cleared space. Pour in egg then scramble - cook it through properly, don't "soft scramble".
- Add shallots then stir the egg into the rice. Remove from heat and serve immediately!
Source of Quick And Easy Fried Rice Recipe @ recipetineats.com