Made this for tea . Absolutely delicious.Am going to try with cooked shredded pot roaster nd sauce made separately on stove top
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (depending on how spicy you would like this)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, divided (white parts for cooking, green for serving)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstrach
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture ontop of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken. My chicken breasts were pretty small and took 2½ hours.)
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it up with a knife.
- Transfer the liquid from the slow cooker to a small saucepan.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce.
- Cook on high until bubbly and thickened, whisking constantly. Pour the sauce back in the slow cooker along with the shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.
Source of Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe @ chefsavvy.com