Very good and tasty. Next time will make it as a meatloaf and perhaps adjust the red pepper seasoning for that purpose.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup fresh sage chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablesopon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil for cooking
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk be sure to use full fat canned coconut milk (otherwise, the sauce won't be thick and creamy). I used Chaokoh brand.
- 1/2 small white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- canned sun-dried tomatoes to taste preference
- sea salt or truffle salt, to taste
- black pepper or red chili flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and drizzle it with avocado oil (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the meatballs (except the oil).
- Form 1 1/2" round meatballs by scooping some mixture into your hand and rolling until round. Place the meatballs on the baking tray with parchment paper and roll lightly in avocado oil (that is already on the tray). Bake on 375F for 20 minutes until golden.
- In a pan saute onions and garlic for the sauce in 2 tablespoons oil (avocado or olive). Once the onions and garlic are golden brown add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and heat until simmering. Then take off the heat and pour over meatballs.
- To make this a complete meal I love sautéing 4 cups cauliflower rice with 4 cups kale and serving the meatballs alongside (or over) the veggies.
Source of Turkey Sausage Meatballs In Sage Cream Sauce Recipe @ paleoglutenfree.com