I put the carrots in first and stir fry them a few minutes before adding the rest of the veggies (and I use a different mix of veggies each time, depends on what’s in the fridge, zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, red pepper, etc.). Also, I don’t add the peas till the very end (with the chicken) because they cook fast.
- 1 cup rice
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I recommend slow cooker chicken teriyaki)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or you can substitute butter!)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Prepare 1 cup rice with two cups water in a rice cooker or on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing with vegetables.
- Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
Source of BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHICKEN FRIED RICE Recipe @ rachelschultz.com