We call it cherry O creme pie made with slightly different ingredients. For the cream part I use sweetened condensed milk with the cream cheese and a little lemon juice and vanilla extract mixed in. Everything else is made the same. I’m guessing they taste similar.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 8- oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust - Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and white sugar together. Then press evenly into a 11x7 baking dish. Place into oven for 5-8 minutes.
- *Set crust in fridge to cool while you prepare the filling...if it's too hot, it will cause filling to melt when you add it later*
- For Filling - With an electric mixer in a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms small peaks/thickens. Be careful not to go overboard since it will eventually turn into butter if you whip it too much!
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the heavy cream that you whipped earlier by hand. Then take this mixture and gently pour it onto your graham cracker crust (use a spatula and be gentle since the crust will be a looser type crust).
- Then spread the cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate overnight. The longer, the better!
Source of Cherry Delight Recipe @ modernmommyhood.com